Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cranial Spinal Leak - A Risk Factor

A CSL or Cranial Spinal Leak is one of the risk factors of her type of brain surgery, but with a low percentage of happening. What are the odds that Amanda would develop this problem ?

Today she was relocated to another floor - intensive neurosurgery - where she had a spinal tap performed. This is a procedure that inserts a tube in or near her spinal cord and empties the overflow of fluid from her brain thru this spinal cord into a device hanging off her bed. This was very difficult, as the needle inserted was larger than an epidural needle (those who have had children - know what I am talking about).

She is now confined to complete bed rest for three or more days. She is restricted with bed and head movement- no more than a 30 degree incline. If she wants to move, a nurse must come and remeasure every inch!!

She is determined to get thru this obstacle and get back on track with her recovery. We have decided that Amanda should play the lottery, as her odds in winning should be very good.

Best Regards, Sharon Lewis

P.S. Lets see how much we can stand! My husband's back just went out. He is now on the floor, as this is the only comfortable position.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon and Amanda, keep staying strong! Cannot wait to learn of continued progress!! Tim P

Anonymous said...

Mr. Lewis is now down? Oh goodness! At least you all are in the good hands of Stanford. Hang in there Mrs. Lewis - we'll all be enjoying a much needed good laugh in short time!

Unknown said...

I'm sending you all my good strength Amanda, hang in there sister, you'll on the home stretch now.

Love, love, and more love.

Kari

Anonymous said...

You are one tough cookie. I clung to you, but now I sit in a plastic bin at the Stanford Medical Center Biohazard Disposal Facility -- chagrined, defeated, and alone, while you recover in the glowing company of family and friends. Curses! You have foiled me.

Sarah Wilson said...

Thinking of you..lots of love.

:) Sarah

Lindsay Hershberger said...

Manda - I am sending you a GIANT hug and lots of love and strength. Your blog is truly incredible and touching. Mrs. L - you are a natural-born blogger! Thanks so much for keeping us all updated. Love, Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Recover like a ninja -- stealth and with persistence. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys! Big hugs and kisses. Can't wait to see you when you get out!

Abigail said...

Good day everyone, two months ago  I was diagnosed with (urethral cancer), which had caused me a great deal of pain and pressure on my bladder. My doctor insisted that there was no other choice but to go under the knife. So everyday I was online searching for herbal medication. I never want to undergo any surgery. so. I have so many testimonies on how they were healed by dr. Imoloa herbal medication. without wasting time i contacted him (dr. Imoloa). on how to get the herbal remedies. I received the herbal package in less than a month, and I followed the steps and procedure on how I should be taking it. and one months later I was scheduled for an ultrasound check: it was shocking. The cancer had completely gone, I had consulted my doctor and canceled the surgery and with your dedicated counseling guidance I managed to completely treat the urethral cancer, along with the pain and anxiety that this condition had inflicted on me. a big thanks to God almighty, thank you Dr. Imoloa for the powerful herbal medication you have to cure people. you reach him on Email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com WhatsApp number- +2347081986098.